10 things I learnt in high school
Mila van der Plas (Oct 27 2019)
- It’s okay if you don’t achieve the grade that you set yourself out to get, don’t beat yourself up about it. You tried your best and that’s all that matters.
- Treat exams like any other day. Don’t buy into the hype of others that are there and also nervous around you. You only know what you know.
- 10 minute cramming before a test or exam never helps! (Unless you’re watching LearnCoach videos)
- Don’t lose yourself in High School to peer pressure or popularity, changing your personality to fit in with others doesn’t work and doing something just because others are will never lead you to the right places.
- Not everyone is going to like you and that’s okay! Focus on pleasing the people that do.
- Everyone around you is going through something, be mindful of what you say.
- Don’t carry the burdens of others, their problems are not yours to keep.
- Carry on even when you are willing to give up. Joy comes in the morning.
- It’s okay to ask for help!
- You can earn money by writing jokes for LearnCoach!
Mila is a year 13 student at Long Bay College in Long Bay, Auckland.
For NCEA Students
By NCEA Students